Friday, December 14, 2012

Heart Break

As I tucked my sweet baby girl in tonight, I found myself not wanting to put her down. I just held her and cried for all the Moms and Dads in Conn. who weren't able to do the same tonight. My heart breaks for these families who lost a child, a family member, a spouse, or friend. I think of my daily routine like many other moms we wake up, get our kids ready, and drop them off at school, daycare, or some other form of child care. I always tell Peyton ill see you later sweet P, and I can't even imagine not being able to see her later. As a parent the love you have for your children is indescribable. I'm saddened for the parents who are having to plan funerals for their child just 11 days before Christmas. I think of the siblings who are grieving over losing their brother or sister.
My mind wanders to these sweet children who were involved in this horrific event. Who at this age love going to school, loves their teacher, enjoys learning about new things, who gets excited about field trips and science projects. Will these kids ever want to set foot in a school again? Will they ever fill safe again? This man not only stole the lives of 20 little angels he also stole the innocence of these children who are left with painful scars of the day.
My prayers go out to these families and I pray for the school as they recover from such a sad day. Hold your babies tight tonight and thank God that you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment